Saturday, April 23, 2011
WELCOME TO MY WORLD
Six years ago after a painful divorce I moved to Grand Rapids to a cabin which has come to be known as "Pinky's Cottage". That's me..Pinky. Why move from the city? Thats easy. This place..this lake..this cottage is where I found peace..joy..serenity..freedom..healing. Its also where I found my inner country girl. It hasnt always been easy to live in the country. For example, my pipes froze for 5 months which meant melting a lot of snow to wash my hair and having to venture out in 40 below weather to go to the bathroom! But even the hard times have been worth it. There is nowhere I'd rather be. And, as it turns out, many friends and family love this place too and my door is always open to welcome them. Maybe they come for the fishing? Canoeing? Campfires? Or perhaps they come for the FOOD! My kitchen is very very tiny yet I have pumped out a whole lot of meals for big groups or small gatherings. The kitchen is one of my many 'happy' places..always has been. I post pictures from time to time of meals and over and over Im asked for the recipe. Which brings me to why Ive taken the advice from friends to start a blog. Yes, there will be recipes, but also a sharing of cottage life. I never take for granted the beauty of what surrounds me each day.. bald eagles, wolves, spawning muskies. I never take for granted the sound of loons on the bay or the owl who sits outside my window. I never take for granted the wonderful (crazy!) friends and neighbors who welcomed me here when I didn't know a soul. We have become one big ol' disfunctional family and I love them all. So, welcome to the first post of Pinky's Cottage and come back again. The door is always open and something good is sure to be cooking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love it! I'm officially a follower!
ReplyDelete