Sunday, April 15, 2012

PINKY'S PUFFY APPLE PANCAKE

I'm a bacon egg breakfast girl but once in a while I just have to switch things up. This puffy apple pancake is delish! Syrup optional, side of bacon a must. Warning, its baked in a 9 x 13 pan but 2 of us nearly ate the whole thing! I can't wait  to make this cottage breakfast for my granddaughter, sweet and yummy just like her.

Place 1/2 stick of butter in a glass 9 x 13 pan into 425 oven until melted. Slice apples onto the melted butter ( 2-3 apples I mix honey crisp with granny smith). Return to oven and let apples bake about 10 min. until softened. Meanwhile, whisk up the batter.

1 C. whole milk

4 eggs

1 1/2 t. vanilla

1/2 t salt

1/4 t Cinnamon (or to taste)

2/3 C. flour

Pour over the tender apples, sprinkle with brown sugar, about 3-4 T.  Bake for about 20 min until puffed and golden.



1 comment:

  1. we old folks loved this but if you have kids this would be a hit!

    ReplyDelete